Grove Tutors is excited to announce our Year 5 English class at Greenwich West Community Centre starting in January 2018.
Whilst there are many English classes in London, we are reinventing the wheel by limited the class size to a maximum of 8 pupils and using bespoke materials to complement the current curriculum.
This English class is an excellent opportunity to help your child prepare for KS2 SAT exams, 11+ and the transition to secondary school.
Why sign up for this class with Grove Tutors?
- We have designed a unique course that is engaging and fun for Year 5 pupils. The course is designed to improve spelling, grammar, punctuation and creative writing, which are all key skills for pupils of this age.
- One of our qualified teachers will be teaching the class, so your child will benefit from the experience of a qualified professional.
- There is a maximum of 8 pupils in the class, which will allow our teacher to provide individual support.
- In addition to improving key skills, the course is designed to develop a love of English language and reading.
- Whether your child is preparing for Common Entrance or National Curriculum tests, our English class is designed to build confidence and fill in the gaps. Many children find English difficult. Our small, supportive environment will help to nurture ability and curiosity.
- The course includes optional homework for your child to complete between each class. The homework is an opportunity to practice skills covered in each class.
What are the benefits of a Group Class?
Affordable – At £12.50/class, the group class is approximately 1/3 of the cost of 1:1 tuition. We recognise the benefits of private tuition and are keen to extend this opportunity through group tuition.
Collaborative – Group tuition encourages students to learn together and from one other. It is a highly effective way to develop confidence in a friendly environment.
Focused – A small group enables pupils to interact more with the teacher, while sharing ideas with other pupils.
Time – When there is time for questions to be answered and ideas to be explored, a pupil’s interest in English will increase.