"Pure Mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas."
- Albert Einstein
At Grove Tutors, we have a range of Maths tutors who specialise in primary level, 7+, 11+, 13+, KS3, GCSE and A-Level.
Whether your son or daughter is looking to gain confidence, understanding or prepare for an exam, we can help.
Maths is a key subject at primary level and it is important that students develop a high level of numeracy before they go to secondary school. A Maths tutor can help your child consolidate key topics, such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and times tables. Our Maths tutors can help your child to become more confident in Maths one step at a time.
7+, 11+ and 13+ Common Entrance Exams
If your son or daughter is preparing to sit a Common Entrance exam, our Maths tutors will fill in the gaps and assist with examination preparation. Whether your child requires help with decimals, fractions, percentages or ratios, our Maths tutors will develop mathematical skills that can be confidently applied in exam conditions. At 13+, students are required to solve sophisticated problems and apply their mathematical knowledge in other subjects.
For entrance to independent schools, we recommend resources from Galore Park for targeted exam practice.
Students are challenged further in Maths during Years 7–9, and Maths tuition can help them to develop new strategies, which will make learning more enjoyable and successful. Our Maths tutors have a good understanding of the secondary school curriculum, and can target problem areas in preparation for the GCSE course in Year 10 and 11.
A good result in GCSE Maths is vital for entrance to Sixth Form and future prospects. Our GCSE Maths tutors are well placed to assist with all areas of the syllabus, including algebra, geometry, measures, numbers, statistics, probability and calculus. We recommend a weekly lesson during term time to help your child progress to a higher level.
A good result in A-Level Maths is widely respected by universities and employers. Whether your son or daughter requires tuition in Core, Statistics, Mechanics, Decision or Further Mathematics, we can help.
What are the benefits of booking a Maths tutor?
- A Maths tutor will tailor tuition to the individual’s ability and make sure that tuition is provided at the right pace for the student.
- A Maths tutor can make sure that lessons are both engaging and enjoyable. A Maths tutor can help to unlock the difficulties of Maths and encourage a love of the subject.
- A Maths tutor can develop a student’s confidence one step at a time to improve confidence and self-esteem. This process can have a knock-on effect for other subjects and overall performance at school.
- A pass in GCSE Maths is a requirement for further education and job applications in the future.
- Private tuition complements the curriculum and provides a different perspective. This allows the student time to explore ideas and themes to a deeper level.
- Revision methods and study skills are a key part of private tuition especially for GCSE Maths and A-Level Maths.
To book a Maths tutor with Grove Tutors, please call us on 0208 123 9050, or submit our Contact Form.